Board Member Education
Bay Area Property Services believes not only in the continued education of our staff, but continued education for Board Members. We host a large Board Education Seminar each year, as well as other training as needed. All Board Members are invited to attend, free of charge, as part of the BAPS family of communities. BAPS brings experts from all fields to discuss collections, foreclosures, roofing, termites, legal issues, new laws, reserve studies, etc. Lunch is served during most seminars and attendance is very high. The feedback from our Board members has been immediate and positive. BAPS is one of the few companies that produces these kinds of events, to provide an outstanding day of education.
2016 Seminar Materials:
1) Opening Presentation with BAPS
2) The Trinity of Reconstruction: Reserves, Management, and Planning presented by Larry Russell of Russell & Mallett, LLP, Murray Joseph of Murray Joseph & Associations, and Joe Garcia of Richard Avelar & Associates
3) Collections & Credit Scores - What's the Correlation? presented by Lisa Chapman of United Trustee Services and Donny R. Disbro of Sperlonga Data & Analytics
4) New Laws that Affect HOAs presented by Michael Hughes of Hughes Gill Cochrane PC
5) Emergency Preparedness - Developing Solid Communications & Evacuation Plans presented by Thomas J. Connelly of Connelly Consulting.
2015 Seminar Materials:
Opening Presentation with BAPS
Fiduciary Duty and Challenges Facing Volunteer Directors - with John P. Gill, Esq.
Dealing with “Bad Apples”: Dispute Resolution with Angius & Terry LLP
Collections & Judgements with Russell & Mallett, LLP
The Drought & Your Landscape with Cagwin & Dorward:
Roofing Presentation with Sorenson Roofing:
2014 Seminar Materials:
October 2014: Click here for more info on our outstanding event held on October 11!
JUNE 2014: 2014 Caliber Training Presentation